Skirt Steak Tacos with Spicy Corn Salsa & Chipotle Sour Cream
(serves 2)4 oz. skirt steak 4 corn tortillas
Marinade:2 tbsp chipotle sauce* ¼ cup lime juice (about 4 limes) ¼ cup water 2 tbsp oil 2 large garlic cloves, minced 1 tbsp scallions, sliced 1 tsp cilantro, chopped ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp. ground cumin ¼ tsp chili powder
Spicy Corn Salsa1 ½ cups corn (frozen or fresh) ¼ cup red onion, diced ½ cup red bell pepper, diced 1 tbsp oil 2 tsp lime juice ½ tsp chili powder ½ tsp cumin 1 tsp sugar (or honey or agave) 1/8 tsp salt 1 ½ tsp jalapeno, diced (modify based on heat preference)
Chipotle Sour Cream¼ cup sour cream (low fat or non fat) 1 tbsp adobo sauce
- Make marinade: Combine all ingredients in large plastic make, zip well and shake to combine. Add skirt steak and, making sure steak is completely covered, marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 24.
- Make salsa: Combine corn, red onion and pepper in mixing bowl. In a smaller mixing bowl combine the oil, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt and jalapeno. Pour over corn mixture.
- Make chipotle sour cream: Combine sour cream and adobo sauce and mix well (if more heat is desired, stir in1 tsp chili powder)
- Cook skirt steak: The steak can either be cooked in your oven’s broiler or in the oven or on the grill. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit . Place steak on broiling pan (or baking sheet) and cook for 8 minutes on one side. Flip steak over and continue cooking on the other side for 5 minutes for medium rare. Remove steak from oven and let cool.
- Warm tortillas: Place tortillas in the oven for about 5 minutes or until warm and pliable.
- Slice steak into quarter inch strips.
- Serve tortillas with sliced steak, corn salsa, mixed greens and chipotle sour cream.
Once you enjoy these steak tacos, check out Examiner.com to learn how to can maximize this recipe’s ingredients.