Simple really is better with this upgraded version of baked potatoes. While the thin slices may be intimidating, it’s about the only step that requires a little more time. Just slice, bake & top with breadcrumbs.
Ingredients (serves three)3 medium sized russet potatoes 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tbsp) 3 tbsp truffle oil 1/2 cup breadcrumbs 4 large cloves garlic, minced 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated 1 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped Salt Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. For each of the potatoes, make parallel quarter inch thick slits the entire length of the potato without slicing all of the way through. Place potatoes on baking sheet lined with either parchment paper or aluminum foil. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Melt half of the stick of butter and mix with 1 tbsp of truffle oil and 1 clove of minced garlic. Pour mixture over each potato, ensuring it gets within each of the slices.
4. Place potatoes in the oven and cook for 30 – 40 minutes or until top of the potato is slightly crisp and middle is cooked through.
5. Melt remaining butter. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, remaining truffle oil, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and remaining garlic.
6. Place breadcrumb mixture over the top of each potato and pat down slightly to get within each slice.
7. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until tops are slightly browned.